Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hello Sweetheart...

I scour the local Thrift stores for books and things to paint on.  Anything that might inspire me gets bought or at least noted in pencil in my little spiral-bound "Eye Pad".

"The Eagle's Mate" from 1914.

I found an old book that for a moment I thought had a painted cover, but no, it was a tinted photograph of "America's Sweetheart", Mary Pickford.  I looked but did not buy, and later found these images on eBay along with a description:  Two tough mountain dwelling cousins fight over a kidnapped city lady. She is held prisoner in their mountain fortress.

 This edition from eBay has "no offensive odor"; that costs extra.

 My point in all this is that nowadays a book might be so good it gets made into a movie, but back then a movie could be so good it would be made into a book.

Maybe a lot of what passes for "progress" is just being lost.

No comments: